Melanotan 2 - How Does it Work?
Melanotan 2 (MT2) a peptide which induces tanning of the skin and hair by stimulating Melanocytes. Melanotan 2 is a synthetic analogue of naturally occurring melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH), a class of peptide hormone produced in the pituitary gland that stimulate pigment cells (melanocytes) which produce and then release melanin (pigment) to darken skin and hair.
Melanin: What is it?
Melanin is a skin pigment produced in our body to give our skin protection from the sun’s harmful UV radiation, this radiation is harmful to skin cells and with high exposure can potentially lead to cell damage and possible skin cancer. One could look at it as a natural sunscreen. With lower Melanin levels our skin is at higher risk of damage to DNA with excess sun exposure. The lack of melanin and its protection from UV radiation means that people with fairer skin with red or blond hair have a likelihood of burning and are at much higher risk of damage to DNA. Melanotan 2 could be seen as a possible shield to DNA damage to such individuals.
For fair skinned people getting a high enough supply of vitamin D from the sun without risking the development of melanoma is a fine balancing act. It has been shown in studies that staying out of the sun to prevent melanoma can lead to vitamin D deficiency.
Can you stimulate melanin production with Melanotan 2 peptide?
To achieve the safest tan possible, we must stimulate melanocyte stimulating hormone responsible for increasing melanin production or mimic it with a synthetic analogue such as Melanotan 2. Scientists developed a “tanning peptide” when investigating avenues of treating skin cancer. It was hypothesized that by inducing our body’s own natural pigmentary system through the process of melanogenesis, a tan could be achieved before any damaging UV exposure, therefore reducing the risk of any skin damage. With a small amount of UV exposure, the release of a- Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone stimulates a natural increase in the production of melanin from the melanocytes in the skin. With the use of the Melanotan 2 tanning peptide we can achieve more a-MSH which leads to even more melanin being produced and a far higher tanning potential (skin pigmentation) irrelevant of your skin type.
In clinical trials Melanotan 2 has shown the potential to promote melanogenesis, with few side effects. The main role of melanogenesis is to protect the hypodermis, this is the layer under the skin from the UV-B radiation that creates damage. It works by absorbing all the UV-B radiation and blocks its passage into the skin layer.
Buy Melanotan 2 USA
What are the benefits of Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (MSH)?
- Tan quickly with far less exposure to UV radiation
- Achieve a reduction of risk of Melanoma (skin cancer)
- Less damage to skin from UV radiation
- Light skinned people will have the ability to develop a deep tan with the use of the Melanotan 2 peptide.
- Reductions in body fat in many cases
- Less sunburn, no tan lines
- No sunless tanning streaks or fake tan removal
- Huge increase in libido
- (In clinical trials for use as a tanning agent, it was shown Melanotan 2 stimulated powerful erections in men. It was also shown to increase female sexual desire in patients with sexual arousal disorder.
What are the side effects of Melanotan 2?
Short term side effects after administration include:
- Flushing of face and neck
- Lower appetite, nausea and vomiting
- In males, spontaneous powerful erections 1-5 hours after administration (known as priapism)
Long term, Melanotan 2 may increase the risk of:
- Deeper colour of moles, new moles
- Melanonychia – (brown to black discoloration of one or more nails)
Suggested Usage: Daily for 1 - 2 weeks then one to two times weekly for maintenance.
Buy Melanotan 2 in the UK, USA, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Austria, Australia.
This post is in no way advocating human use of Melanotan 2, Melanotan 2 is intended for research purposes only!!!